Everyone is welcome at Bethesda Mennonite Church in Henderson, Nebraska. Whatever your story, your questions, your doubts or your struggles, we're about doing life together in community, being intentional about our growth as people and serving one another and our broader community along the way.
OUR MISSION IS SIMPLE...
TO REACH OUT AND CARE FOR GOD'S PEOPLE
TO GROW IN CHRIST'S LOVE
AND TO SERVE OTHERS
"A community caring for all God's people,
being transformed by Christ's love,
serving others as a witness of God's grace and peace."
Sunday Worship Services @ 9:30 a.m.
Christian Education Hour & coffee begins @
10:40 a.m. Classes available for all ages!
Potluck on the last Sunday of every month.
The southeast sanctuary entrance is both wheelchair and walker accessible.
Handicap restrooms are located around the corner from the nursery.
Expect to be inspired by the music, encouraged by the message and reminded that God's grace is present here.
Our newly renovated sanctuary is large, but don't let that intimidate you. It's filled with warm-hearted people who will welcome you in. It's also air conditioned in the summer months!
We want you to be comfortable. If you prefer to wear jeans and a t-shirt, go for it. If you like dressing up, please do. We aren't concerned with how you dress. Worship is about what's in your heart.
- We believe in God the Creator of all, who has called forth a people of faith.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Word of God become flesh, crucified and resurrected for us.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of God who dwelled in Jesus Christ, who empowers the church, who is the source of our life in Christ, and who is poured out on those who believe.
- We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit for instruction and training.
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them.
- We believe that God has created human beings in his divine image, formed from the dust of the earth and gave them special dignity among the works of creation.
- We believe that because of sin, all have fallen short of the Creator's intent.
- We believe that through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God offers salvation from sin and a new way of life to all people.
- We believe that the church is the assembly of those who have accepted God's offer of salvation. The church is a new community of disciples sent into the world to proclaim the reign of God.
- We believe that the church is called to proclaim and to be a sign of the kingdom of God.
- We believe that the baptism of believers with water is a sign of their cleansing from sin. It is also a pledge before the church of their covenant with God to walk in the way of Jesus.
- We believe that the Lords' Supper is sign by which the church remembers the new covenant which Jesus established by his death.
- We believe that Jesus calls us to serve one another in love as he did.
- We believe that the practice of discipline in the church is a sign of God's offer of forgiveness and transforming grace to believers.
- We believe that ministry continues the work of Christ who gives gifts through the Holy Spirit to all believers and empowers them for service in the church and world.
- We believe that the church is one body with many members that may be built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.
- We believe the Jesus calls us to take up our cross and follow him.
- We believe that to be a disciple of Jesus is to know life in the Spirit.
- We believe that God intends marriage to be a covenant between one man and one woman for life. We believe that God intends human life to begin in families and to be blessed through families.
- We commit ourselves to tell the truth, to give a simple yes or no, and to avoid swearing of oaths.
- We believe that everything belongs to God, who calls us to live as faithful stewards of all that God has entrusted to us.
- We believe that peace is the will of God.
- We believe that the church is God's "holy nation" called to give full allegiance to Christ its head and to witness to all nations about God's saving love.
- We place our hope in the reign of God and in its fulfillment in the day when Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
Taken from "Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective."
7:00 p.m. Midweek for Children Preschool - Grade 5
7:00 p.m. CORNERSTONE for 6th, 7th & 8th Grade
6:30 p.m. High School Bible Study
8:00 p.m. Chancel Choir
Occasional bad weather may necessitate cancelling or postponing activities at church for the safety of our members and staff. Pastors and the Board of Deacons will determine if Sunday services will be cancelled. Pastors and staff will determine if weekday events or Sunday services at Bethesda should be cancelled/postponed.
If you are on our email list, we will send you notification of postponement or cancellation. If you would like to be included on the email list, click here.
Junior high and high school youth and parents will be notified by text.
You may also call the church office at 402-723-4562.
If Heartland Community School is closed or is closing early, Bethesda Preschool will close as well. Evening events at Bethesda will typically be cancelled or postponed if Heartland is closed. Stay tuned to the sites in the closing information.