Join us June 7-11, 2021, for a "Great Big Beautiful World", an interactive Bible School where children explore, celebrate and care for God's good creation! Children who have turned 3 by January 2021 may attend.
- September - April
- Preschool - Grade 6
- Wednesday evenings @ 7:00 p.m.
- Feel free to bring a friend!
Jesus modeled and taught shalom, often by telling stories. Stories still speak, teach, and nurture. Reading books that show characters choosing creative and peaceful solutions can help your children choose Jesus' Way of Peace in their own lives here and now.
The Shalom Readers year begins
September 1 and ends July 31.
- Fill out the registration form and give it to the adult Shalom Reader's leader.
- Read, or have someone read to you, 7 books from the Shalom Reader's list.
- Keep a list of the books' you've read on a record sheet (also available in the library). Shalom books are located in a specifically designated spot in Bethesda's library.
- Children respond creatively to two of the books and are rewarded with a book of their choice from Shalom Readers!
- Please feel free to call Cathy Wismer, Shalom Reader Coordinator, if you have questions.
- Preschool - Grade 8
- Sunday morning @ 10:40 a.m.
Faith experienced at an early age is the foundation for all other growth. The good news we share with our children has the power to transform lives and revitalize communities. So let's prepare the ground for a new tomorrow, send down roots anchored in love. Let's sow in them seeds of mercy and plant them by the river of life. Let's teach our kids to SHINE in this world!
The SHINE curriculum takes your child through important themes and Bible characters over a three-year period.